Monday, February 1, 2010

Cheers!

It is human tendency to form an opinion over everything that we pay attention to. I am not an exception to this tendency. So I have a view over almost anything that I can sense, Obama, Osama, that girl, the other guy, Dairy Milk chocolate, salads, the staircase, you sense it and I have an opinion about it!


I do not think that there is anything wrong with having an opinion about things. What scares me though is that my thoughts about things are often limited to my opinions about them alone.Opinions are only the first step towards knowing some one or some thing. Opinions need to be developed further, they need to be tweaked and honed to form honest and realistic thoughts about people or things.


The best way that I could come up with to develop my opinions further is by discussing them with friends and family and with all those who care.Unfortunately, I do not have my friends and family around me all the time to discuss such matters and even when I have the excellent fortune of spending some time with either friends or family, discussions revolving around such matters often take a back seat to discussing out lives.


Hence I have decided to start blogging, just to share my opinions and to develop them in to well informed thoughts. There have been many instances in the past when I had wanted to start blogging, reasons to do so had been different but the reason to not do so was the same – What if no one reads my blogs?

Believe you me, even as I am typing this out I am nervous, but then if I do not try, I will never know if this idea is good enough or not.


So here’s to my blog, my courage and a future of healthy discussions that contribute to enriching all of us who read this blog!

2 comments:

  1. Write for your own satisfaction. Doesnt matter whether anyone reads it or not. Bloggers with a million comments on their articles have usually formed a mutual admiration society, and most people who've appreciated an article will refrain from commenting for various reasons, so be happy with what your efforts :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I agree with Sharmistha. Most people don't comment on blogs whethere they like it or not. I have never commented on any no matter how strongly I agree or disagree with it. Well, I'm commenting on yours so you should feel honoured, it's my first!:)
    It's a nice thought that you want to get your opinions (or instincts may be a better word)converted into actual, rational thoughts. The only problem is, you may get all kinds of weirdos passing silly comments.

    ReplyDelete